Skills Oz is a wholly owned trading entity of the Construction & Property Services Industry Skills Council and was formed to advocate and support the future needs of the construction and property services workforce as an initiative and directive of the peak industry bodies to advance and undertake:
- Workforce development needs
- Identification and planning of current and future Industry skills development requirements
- Support employment and sustainability of the workforce
- Development of high quality Education and training resources, programs and services
- Research and advisory services to benefit the wider industry
- Represent and liaise with Federal and State Government to promote and advance the industry sector.
Skills Oz is independent of government and has an entirely industry driven mandate that is directed and governed by a cross representation of industry professionals and the organisations they represent.
Board Directors are elected by the wider membership and serve a two year term. The current board comprises of representatives from the following 10 peak industry bodies:
- Master Builders Australia
- Housing Industry Association
- The Master Plumbers and Mechanical Services Association of Australia
- Australian Industry Group
- Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute
- Consulting Surveyors National Ltd
- Communication, Electrical and Plumbing Union
- Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union
- Australian, Security Industry Association Ltd.
- Real Estate Institute of Australia
Skills Oz works in partnership with small, medium and large employers on residential and commercial projects to develop quality workforce solutions across Australia by:
- Partnering to gain access to Government initiatives and funding
- Assisting in recruiting and sustainability of the workforce
- Workplace Health and Safety induction and training
- Customisation of workplace manuals and training programs to reflect your industry and site specific requirements
Examples of joint partnerships and workforce development projects that benefited the industry:
- Project management of 18,000 industry training placements achieved by accessing a variety of Australian Government funded programs
- Facilitation of the National Workforce Development Fund initiative on behalf of the industry to identify and upskill existing workers
Contact us for any inquiry.
Visit here for more information.