Planning permission has been approved for almost 200 houses to be built on the former Hoover site in Cambuslang.
Hoover opened the factory in Cambuslang in 1946, where it operated until its closure in 2005. The buildings were demolished in 2008, at which point the site was cleared and regraded.
The development on the 15.6-hectare site will see the building of 195 two-storey houses, 95 of which will be detached, 64 semi-detached and 36 terraced. Access will be from Dale Avenue and a spine road is intended to link it through to Somervell Street.
As part of the development, it is proposed to created footpaths and open spaces, with the main open space being close to the River Clyde.
Read More: Scottish Construction Now