Proposals have been announced for the delivery of new neighbourhood facilities for local residents at Southdale, one of Scotland’s most ambitious regeneration projects.
Located immediately south of Armadale in West Lothian this £300m mixed-use development, fully integrated with the town, is being undertaken by developer EWP Investments (EWP).
A planning application has now been lodged for the delivery of a parade of retail units, located at Southdale Way, include a food outlet/coffee shop and dental surgery.
Dears Pharmacy has already applied to open a pharmacy in one of the units, offering the full range of NHS pharmaceutical services. It is also looking at the potential to incorporate a Post Office counter into this.
In addition to new housing, this mixed-used development has already delivered an ASDA, Arnold Clark dealership, Marston’s Pub Restaurant and Wee Gems Private Nursery. A new primary school is set to open at the site in August.
When complete the mixed-use development at Southdale will include:
- Potentially around 2,000 houses and flats (including future phases if consented)
- Other local amenities and services, including:
- Shops, cafes and restaurants
- Potential for the delivery of a new health centre for the town, as well as dental surgery, opticians and other associated uses
- Employment uses including industrial, distribution, offices, business and trade parks
Via EWP Investment. View original press release here.